How to protect, and secure your computer or tablet online.
Using computers and devices online, such as tablets, phones and laptops, has made using the internet much easier. Online payments have become a popular choice, but do you have the correct layers of security and protection? At the click of a button you can order your shopping, speak to friends and family, and pay your bills! But your computer may also be vulnerable. With most people having 24hour internet access it’s now more important than ever to make sure that you’re protected. We’ve come up with some tips on how you can protect yourself online.
What you can do to protect yourself
1. Install an anti-virus software and make sure you keep it up-to-date
2. Do not click on suspicious links in email websites
3. Updated your Web browser to one that includes anti-phishing security features.
Enabling features in IE : https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/930168
Enabling features in Chrome
In the top right, click the Chrome menu .
Click Settings > Show advanced settings.
Under “Privacy”, untick the box “Protect you and your device from dangerous sites”.
Enabling in FireFox
In the top right, click the Firefox menu . and select “Options.” Select the “Security” tab.
Enable tick box on the “Block Reported attack sites” option
Enable tick box on the “Block Reported Web Forgeries” option (This option controls Firefox’s built-in phishing protection)
Close the Options menu.
4. Keep up to date on the latest security releases and patches for your operating systems.
5. Never respond to emails asking for your account, password, banking, or credit card information.
6. Make sure you have strong passwords on your computers, use capital letters, numbers and special characters. Your password should also be longer than six characters.
7. Remember, if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is – especially online.
8. Even if you have good anti-virus protection, your friends and family may not, and this may give you a false sense of security. It’s best to check with that person before clicking on links or downloading files.
For further information on Nochex and the service we provide, visit http://www.nochex.com